Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 94: We Had a Baptism!!

Well the baptism went by wonderfully!! I couldn't be happier to have performed the ordinance. I was a little shocked at first when ward members didn't show up except the bishop. It turns out that the sister wanted it to be a private affair with just family. 

I am getting along really well with this ward and my new companion. He has 6 months on the mission and is very innocent, as a missionary should be. To tell you the truth, it almost makes me laugh how pure he is. I feel like I've become some pessimistic old man here in Guatemala. It does look as if I will be finishing my mission here in Santa Elena, unless my mission president sends me to another place to finish in trio. It sounds as if everyone from my group is going to be put into a trio because we all are going home two weeks earlier then normal for Christmas and our companions need to stay together until the 27th of December.

Lets see, what I have learned about myself. Well for starters, I speak Spanish pretty dang well. As for spiritually, I know that my Father in Heaven is always ready and willing to help me. All I need to do is put in my part and the blessings will come. I have found that the gospel is so much more simple than the majority of people make it to be. There is no big secrets in this work, just obedience and sincerity. I have room for improvement in those two areas, but I find great comfort in knowing that once on those paths I can't go wrong. 

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get anything on the hunt dad, that must have been frustrating. With grandpa getting an antelope does that mean we will all try a bite of antelope meat during the holidays? 

Oh, so my recently purchased shoes of three months ago got totally destroyed last Friday. I am currently wearing some borrowed old tennis shoes from a missionary here in the zone. Do you think you could send me some money through Western Union by Wednesday? If at all possible. Oh, and you can take it right out of my personal account so no worries. 

Sure do love you all. Hope you enjoy your Halloween back state side. Eat a Butterfinger for me!!

Loves,
Elder Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment