Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 89: When Sad News Comes Faith Gets Us Through

The temple trip with my first baptism should be this week. It turns out that last week was his interview. I hope to go this Friday before conference. 

About the baptism, sad news, it was canceled last minute. Saturday we were all ready, the pila (baptismal font) filled, clothing organized. The baptism was scheduled for 4 PM. Our investigator calls us saying that she had some make-up classes she had to take today. School vacations are right now in October instead of over the summer so in order to qualify for next years classes she had to stay in school from 8 AM until 6 PM to finish up the make-up classes. Due to the General Women's Conference broadcast at 6 PM we couldn't push back her baptism later that evening. My companion was pretty upset about all this. I was pretty down in the blues over the weekend, but what can you do, life is like that sometimes. We are looking at another date in October, not sure when yet, but with general conference next week we cannot baptize for a little bit (they must be confirmed a Sunday where the congregation is present).

An open house the 1st of January sounds like fun. I won't be going anywhere else that day, besides perhaps to visit Jared if he is home. Whatever you guys would like to do. The 15th of January sounds nice. It gives me more time to prepare a homecoming talk for the ward. I am sure that everything and everyone has changed back home. Oh well, guess I get to make new friends. 

I would love to help you with those wooden tables dad. I don't have a clue how I could help, but I am willing! 

Lets see our ward children's primary program was Sunday as well, and the church was packed. We meet 8 AM there which is pretty early, but totally worth it. Makes me think how I can't wait to spend time with my little niece and nephews!!!

My new companion is a great artist. I sent you some pictures of the artwork of a member in our ward. I hope you enjoy them.

Loves,
Elder Perez
Artwork from a Ukranian woman in our ward.
I hope that she decides to sell her artwork. It is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment