Monday, August 1, 2016

Week 81: We Had Four Baptisms!!!

The baptismal service was great! I sent you all the photos I took. We went to the church at 10 AM to fill up the font and to warm the water. I bought a super cheap and tiny water heater here and for some reason I told myself it would warm everything up if I left it in all day. Well it actually did nothing and the water became colder than it originally was due to sitting all day in the cold chapel building. By night time it was freezing. I wish I had filled up the water a little bit higher too. At least for the two little guys it was the perfect size. 

I was sooo very nervous baptizing three of the four baptisms. When I baptized the mother she of course was heavier than the boys, and with the water being so cold she gasped for air right before going under the water which really startled me! Thankfully, I didn't mess up at all according to the two witnesses. We asked the newly called 1st counselor in the Bishopric to give a talk on baptism and my companion gave the talk on the Holy Ghost

Well the cutest thing happened before I baptized M.E.. Right before entering the water he tells me, "Elder I don't want to do this anymore." I said, "Why what's wrong?" He tells me, "I'm nervous." I bend down until we are at the same height and tell him, "Don't worry, I am new at this too. I have never baptized anyone before and you are going to be the very first one!" He asked, "Never ever?" "Never!" I replied. "What do you say?" He clenched his fists and said, "Va lets do it!" I swear he is such a champ! I was so proud, it was as if he was my little brother.

Well sure do love you all!
Elder Perez
He is like my little brother and a champ!
Love this Family


It was a happy day!





No comments:

Post a Comment