Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 79: Success Tracting with Stake Youth

So very much happened that first full week in July that I couldn't finish this email in time! So here is last weeks news, Elder C and I worked really hard to complete our goals, the zone actually changed our goals to push us even higher! And by some miracle we were able to surpass these all!

Friday afternoon the zone leaders and district leaders met up together at the stake center to teach the youth of the stake specifically assigned topics. I of course ended up helping out because my companion is a district leader. It actually was really fun!!! We taught the you how to contact people and I was able to teach pretty well and the practices we did were very successful. Then the following day all the youth went out to preach and teach the gospel. I got paired up with two youth and an 18 year old. We had a lot of success throughout the day and some people who had previously never let us in warmed up to the idea when our 12 youth asked them to let us in. We had a great time together and I was happy they all were able to participate in the lessons. The 12 year old even shared a scripture during one of our lessons. I was so proud of him.

My new companion is Elder C. He is a pretty tall guy and super fun to be around. We have had a blast together these last few days. We even managed to meet nearly all of our weekly goals and I have high hopes for our area. Elder C. was a little sad that no one from the ward welcomed him, though I don't think it was intentional on their part. He still is pretty new here and this is his second area in the mission. I am trying to show him everything there is to know here in central though. There is so much to teach him it is a little overwhelming. Several members from the ward counsel went out with us Saturday to visit members and our investigators. It worked out really well and I was happy to feel their support. Well that's about it for now. 

Write you all next week!
Elder Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment