Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 75: Baptized a Woman Who's Son is Serving a Mission

The week went by fast last week, despite my being sick. Whatever I caught last time stuck with me for a few more days. I didn't really get better until Thursday, and a few little aches and pains are still present. I am positive this all is due to eating some bad food. The problem is we eat with so many different members during the week I don't know where it is coming from. My companion thinks I'm crazy and that its all in my head due to the fact that he is healthy and has eaten everything I have. Oh to be gringo and have a weak stomach.

Lets see, we had several divisions (splits) throughout the week again. All due to the several baptisms our district has. By the end of the week my companion had conducted about 4 different baptismal interviews. That kept us running around from area to area almost daily. One of the interviews we had was pretty late in the afternoon. By the time we finished up and with the traffic heading back to our area we didn't get home till 9:30 pm and on top of that it was raining like crazy! Then mid week the zone leaders stopped by our area to give our investigator her baptismal interview, which went well.

Our baptism turned out wonderfully. I attached a picture of the woman we baptized and I am sure that her son who is currently serving a mission was very excited to hear the news of her baptism. 
She asked a return missionary from the ward to perform the baptism. The ward really came through and the Stake President even participated in the services. I was impressed with the love that was shown to this sister.  The ward mission leader provided the snacks which included chocolate cake, tostadas, and soda.

The temple trip today was great as always. We all took photos and had a great time together. As is tradition we stopped by a fast food joint as a zone and it just so happens that the new missionaries being trained at the MTC were all there too. At first I thought it was just a giant zone of missionaries because the temple is located in another mission. But then we got talking to them all and they all told us were they were headed in a few days. Something the MTC does before shipping out the new missionaries is a quick tour of the Central market and park. They shop a little and then they get a chance to contact the park. Well I remember doing the same so I asked them how the contacting went. A couple were happy to report written information and a number. I told them that it was actually in my area so I would be happy to contact them during the week. Almost jumping for joy they gave me the referral. It was fun to see the enthusiasm these new missionaries have.

Thats about it for now. Love you all!!
Elder Perez

Elder R, Sister who was Baptized, Elder Perez
Zone Temple Trip

No comments:

Post a Comment