Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 73: Becoming More Assertive

Our investigators are doing good. A few of them aren't progressing so we will be dropping them soon. Others are struggling with problems, but we try and help them out as much as we can. 

Yeah, those mosquitos have been making a feast out of my feet, but I think I have figured out a good combat method. I keep my Sunday pants, socks and shoes on at night when I wash my laundry and they leave me alone. I haven't been bit these last 3 days! I am looking into buying repellent here soon too.

I have learned that I am far more of a "fire bolt" here in Guatemala speaking Spanish than I ever was as a child. I speak my mind and make it clear when I'm not going to do something which is a big change for me. All I need to do now is to tone it down a bit and wisely pick my battles. 

How fun mom, that must have been a blast! I am so jealous. I can't wait to play with those little angels once again when I get back home. Too bad the weather will be horrible come December so the water fights will have to wait until summer.

Thanks for the updates and for all your hard work with the funeral and wedding reception. That must have been a mix of emotions, a death followed by a wedding.

I have been making great progress with piano. Playing piano really calms me down and I feel happier when I can express myself through music. I play in my ward before FHE or other activities and I get a lot of compliments which is nice. 

I mended things with our ward missionary leader and now we are better friends than ever and he is a great help to us. I have also been on the hunt for souvenirs I can buy for all of you and bring home. Is there anything you would like from Guatemala Mom?

I sure do love you all. Keep up the good works and give dad a get-well kiss for me!
Elder Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment