Monday, March 28, 2016

Week 63: We Had a Baptism!!!

Oh, this morning was stressful. We arrived at the stake center on time and started emailing, when I found out that my password was not working for some reason. I've been using it every Monday for the past 15 months. You would think I wouldn't forget it. Anyway, I tried fixing it when I realized that I had to have my membership record in order to reset the password. Well we ran home and it took us 30 minutes to get back to the stake center. As a result my time to write you all is going to be cut super short. I may not even get to finish this email to you mom.

The baptism went well. Although, not many people attended due to spring break which falls on holy week (semana santa) for Guatemala, but those that did come where a big help. I ended up having to give the second talk on the Holy Ghost. It was last minute since no one could come, but I managed alright. I gave the example of how the Holy Ghost is like light. He brings everything into perspective. He also testifies of truth, so yeah. The kids seemed to get it. I sent you all those photos of the Friday event the city had. I guess they make the largest sawdust art thing. Its pretty long. And they march a group through this all caring Christ.

I'm sorry I really don't have time this week to write more mom. It was a disappointing surprise to find my email not working and the house is a little far away from the stake center. I love you all and will write everyone next week!

Love,
Elder Perez

11 Year Old Young Man Baptized!!
Elder DLC & Elder Perez
grateful to be a part of this great work.
This baptism was the perfect way of celebrating Easter (Christ's resurrection).
Internet Picture
Residents along the streets begin preparations weeks and even months in advance creating these beautifully intricate offerings. Sand is first laid to level the cobblestone, followed by sawdust that has been collected and dyed to bright shades of yellow, red, blue, green, purple and black. The art of carpet-making is thought of as sacrificial because of the intense detail and amount of time dedicated to their creation, only to be destroyed once the processions pass. This is a way for the people to give something of themselves in memory of Christ’s death.
Internet Picture
Holy Week in Guatemala city is celebrated with street expressions of faith, called processions, usually organized by local church brotherhoods. Each procession of Holy Week has processional floats and steps with religious images of the Passion of Christ (the short final period in the life of Jesus.)



 










No comments:

Post a Comment