Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 61: Fleas, Piano, & The Temple!!

Well the temple was great, as always. I feel as if I pick up on more and more every time we go. Even though I can always pray for others, putting a name on the prayer role is probably my favorite about the whole trip. I  saw someone at the temple who lives in my first area. I knew him well. I went up to him and was like, nice to see you again brother... brother.... He laughed and was like nice to see you too Elder Perez (its so cheating because unlike him I wear a name tag everywhere I go).

I was a little grouchy this morning on the way to the temple due to being eaten alive over night. I felt better when I got to the temple though.  Sadly for me I hardly slept a wink last night due to some sort of fleas we’ve got in the house so I fell asleep halfway through the temple session. A nearby elder nudged me awake when he took note. Those suckers are tough and are hard to kill though. We are due to be getting a new bed here soon, so hopefully I will start getting a restful nights sleep. 

I appreciate all your advice about how to get rid of fleas mom, "Fill shallow bowls of water with dish detergent to make a homemade flea trap. The water and dish detergent mixture is like a toxic swimming pool for fleas. Fleas, lured in by a light source, jump into the water and cannot escape."  The shallow bowl of doom is a good idea. I will try it out. Ha, ha, ha a vacuum cleaner. That my dear mother is something I have not seen in a very long time. We have your traditional broom and as a bonus an old rag for a mop. This is what I am accustomed to here in Guatemala, but I will wash those sheets and once the bed arrives I will use a good poison on the bunch. Some very kind members found the stuff for me.

I bought the piano keyboard I wanted and soon I will be practicing piano in the mornings. My mission president was so impressed with my piano playing at the baptism that he gave me permission to order the key board from the church distribution center. I got it to practice piano at night. At the end of my mission I will give it away to a ward here in Guatemala. 

I'm not surprised that so many showed up to cousin Wendy's funeral service. It sounds like the last few days really have been emotionally taxing dad, but your spiritually sensitivity has really pulled you through. It makes me a very proud son when I think of all you are doing with the family and the efforts you have made to provide for the family (what with the huge changes in moving the business location). I love you dad, sure will keep that faith fire burning!

I hope you feel better soon mom.
I love you all!!! 
Elder Perez 
Reading about Elder Perez's fleas made 
me think of this quote from Emperor's New Groove...and it made me start itching.
There is no such thing as a "harmless little flea".

No comments:

Post a Comment