Monday, February 22, 2016

Week 58: My Companion Said I Did Well on my Talk Last Sunday!

AWW, Dad! A crowbar to the face, that be dangerous for your health!! I'm so sorry to hear about that. I hope you heal up fast. Aw dad, I understand completely what you mean. When I got that black eye from a pipe wrench in North Dakota I felt so embarrassed. But it makes for a fun story, especially if you want to throw drama into it like you got in a fight. 

Here is The Talk I Gave Last Sunday:
"Missionary work is a global effort. An honorable job, it is a privilege to participate in it wherever you are. I could never have imagined the effect missionary work would have in my own personal life, or in my family's life. I am grateful for the blessings of the gospel and even more grateful for the service of two missionaries in the life of my mother. 

My mother grew up and was very active in her religion. She is still grateful for the good Christian foundation her childhood religion gave her during her growing up. At a young age though she began to doubt some of the doctrinal beliefs of the church. She wondered why there were no prophets on the earth at the present time. She knew that God really existed and that his desire was to resolve your concerns. She didn't feel like she had friends that she could confide in about her concerns. One day though, at the age of 16, she was in the High School library and started to talk to a young man. She did not know him very well at all but felt drawn to talk to him. After they had spoken for a while the bell rang to dismiss them to class. My mom was surprised that she began to quickly tell the young man that she wanted to investigate other churches, but she didn't know where to begin. She said, "Oh well, I guess I will have to wait until I graduate from High School to look into other churches because I don't were to begin now." The young man listened attentively but didn't say a word. My mother did not know that young man she had been speaking with was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Later that day the missionaries serving in her town approached the young man and asked him if he knew of anyone that would be interested in hearing the discussions. At first he was reluctant to mention my mothers name, but it wasn't long before he gave the missionaries my mother's contact information. This small member missionary effort changed my mother's life  and that of her future family completely."

Reading the above talk took only three minutes. After that I just talked and I recited one or two memorized passages and all in all I took up ten minutes! Ending right on the hour.   I felt good about it. The original copy of this talk I wrote was much shorter and so I had help from some of the youth in the ward with grammar and helping me add to my talk so I ended up with what is written above. My companion said he was impressed with me. He said my talk was understandable and I came off totally confident.  I actually did better than I thought I would on my talk

Sorry, got to go. I took up most of my time writing sis a letter. I will write more next week.

Loves,
Elder Perez
My Companion Took A Bad Fall
I sprayed his injury with some disinfectant 
and it foamed up which really seemed to hurt him, 
but he toughed it out for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment