Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 57: A Drunk Man is Never Fully in his Right Mind Even if He Pretends to Be

I am playing piano for my ward once again. I feel uncertain about playing for the ward. But after I played the piano for sacrament meeting everyone was really kind and only noticed what I did right, not the mistakes I made. This has helped me have more confidence that if I work on the difficult parts of Spanish I will master it!

We had a little bit of a confusion with our ward counsel a few days ago, but we have worked everything out. As a result I am now playing piano for sacrament meeting as well as giving a talk on missionary work this Sunday. Boy do I feel overwhelmed. Lucky for me I have the hymn numbers so I have time to practice the songs. My companion said he's going to help me with the talk.

One funny story before I go. We went and taught a new investigator around 7 pm one night and on the way out of the appointment a drunk stopped us (which happens more than you would think). We were going to ignore him and continue on to our next appointment when he called us by name. It just so happened to be the father of the person we just taught. We had spoken with him once before. On that occasion he was sober, but we were nice to him and sent him away in the direction of his home. Funny right? Normally we don't pay attention to drunk people, unless it turns out to be the father of someone we are teaching. We ignore them for good reason, a drunk man is never fully in his right mind, even if he pretends to be.

We ran into a little problem with one of our progressing families. The boyfriend is in trouble with the law. They said police are looking for him or something. But I don't think that's the case because we would have heard about it by now. Gossip flies like wild fire here. Regardless, we stopped visiting them for the moment until things settle down.

Oh boy, life sure can be a roller coaster from time to time huh? Actually, not for me. We aren't allowed to ride roller coasters as missionaries. Ha, ha, no worries about me pops. I'm getting along fine here.

Not to worry mom, I am better now. I actually have two inhalers with me here which I use each time I exercise. Thanks for worrying about me though. We don't get that much as missionaries.

So do uncle Sam's AncestryDNA results mean that I am more Native American than anything? or Irish? Meh, how cool! So how is uncle S doing anyway? Is he still in the comedy business? Wish him well for me!

Sorry to hear about dad's Aunt Phyllis's health going south. I hope all goes well. I'll keep her in my prayers. Thank you for sending me a birthday package. That was very sweet of you all. I will take a lot of pictures of me on that day. I do believe we might even buy a pinata to celebrate my 22nd year of life. I don't think I will waste money on the candy to put inside the pinata. It's not very good anyway.

Well we did some fun games for a ward FHE a few weeks ago. The two games we did were so cheap and they got everyone on there feet. The first game involves Oreos. You have two people sitting on chairs facing a crowd. When you say go, the two participants take an Oreo and place it on there forehead (head tilted back of course). Using only there facial expressions they are to move the cookie from the forehead down to there mouth. First one to eat the cookie wins. And if the cookie drops to the floor they are to leave it there and grab another Oreo that's on the table in-between them, and place the cookie back on there forehead.

The second game involves like 10 cheap Styrofoam cups and balloons. Again a game for two people and a crowd to cheer on there team. In front of these two participants are 10 cups, a table, and one balloon for each of them. When given the signal they are to pick up there balloon and blow it up. When they feel it is large enough they may try and blow over there 10 cups using only the air in the balloon, which are placed upside down in a row on the edge of each table. The first to blow over there cups wins.

Loves,
Elder Perez

Ward Family Home Evening!
You blow up your balloon and use the air in the 
balloon to try to knock over your 10 cups first.
Participants take an Oreo and place it on there forehead and using only there facial expressions try to move the cookie from their forehead down to there mouth. First one to eat the cookie wins. 
What a Riot!!









No comments:

Post a Comment