Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 45: Exceeding Mission Contacting Goal

My companion and I are very good friends, and he helps me out a lot by just goofing around. Things have been very slow as far as progress goes in our area, but we manage to stay busy. The mission has a goal of contacting 70 people each week whether in the street or by knocking doors. Elder H and I are up to 105 contacts a week, and it has actually helped us out a lot. We have contacted into a lot of members of our ward, less actives and actives. Of course we hardly recognize many, so it makes for a funny conversation and story later on. My companion is a pretty skilled magician and loves doing tricks for the kids on the street. He did his routine once and when all was said and done, there were about 15 persons who gathered around from ages 6 to 86. Elder H was jumping for joy afterwards, I couldn’t help but laugh. Afterwards the kids brought us to their house to teach their family.

It rained again a lot this week. I’ve grown accustomed to being wet during the day, so it’s not so bad anymore. We ran into a lady Wednesday who was very sweet and said we could come teach her. Later on we discovered that she thought we were Jehovah’s Witnesses. She still let us in though. Every time we invited her to do something, like pray or read, she would say ummm.. uh.. uh (it’s hard to write what sounds she made, but basically she’d say no in a really funny way.) So that’s my week, I sure do love you all. I’ve got all the presents for you all ready, just need to hurry up and mail them to you. Hope they get to you in time!! Loves

Elder Perez

No comments:

Post a Comment