Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 44: Success Working in The Rain

My companion and I have a great time together. We are often teasing each other and it is all in good fun. We have begun talking in thick English accent when we do speak English. It is so very funny and we are often cracking up at one another’s jokes. My companion often jokes with the locals that he is from Zacapa and that his father is an American. This leads to a very fun banter back and forth between him and a few of the locals. They start asking him fun trivia questions about Zacapa. He is actually pretty convincing even when he doesn’t know the answers.

It started raining like crazy over here and my companion made me leave my umbrella in the house. He said, we have to be drenched to the bone, or else they won’t let us in. That actually worked! We had a lot of success in making contacts that day. We even ran into a young family who had been taught over a year ago by other missionaries.

Our mission president has challenged us to invite one family to set a baptismal date for the 19th of December. We don’t have all that many investigators, but the ones we do have are very promising.

Well I love you all. I will be sending you all a Christmas package here soon! I still need to find a few things!

Much love!!
Elder Perez
We did a cool service project with the our ward (congregation). They painted the trees and side lines white. It rained hard that day so the paint washed off. Oh well, it’s the thought that counts right?
Boys will be boys (:
It was actually very cold and a few members of our ward stopped us to ask, 
"What in the world are you doing?!"
I just had to walk in the water mom. My companion did it so I had to too.
I’ve been very good about getting my personal food storage. I’ve gained a lot of weight lately. My companion likes to run and he about killed me the other day! I’ll work off these pounds off little by little. It’s just that the food is so cheap over here so it’s really easy to over eat!
We have a giant mall here in our area and they have a great big Christmas tree in it. I had a blizzard for the first time in forever. It was pricey for a poor missionary, but well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment