Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 40: Emergency Transfers from Zone 18

Thank you for the family update, I am happy that you guys always keep me up to date. I can’t type very fast because I have a broken key board. Aw, my hands are super tired already.

You got my package! Open it by all means!!! Most of the stuff I sent in the package (yarn and cheap books) were just a decoy to mask the real present. I sent Lexie's iPod home in a compartment I cut into the pages inside one of the books. HOPEFULLY  Alexis iPod made it and wasn't stolen in route. If it is actually in the package then there should be a note with instructions. That is your present, so maybe find an old iPod charger and let Lexie or Mike charge up the thing. I put voice recordings on it for the family and I also made individual recordings specifically for each one of you to listen to. You don’t have to wait until Christmas, maybe just wait until December. Then mid-December when Krysten gets home you can all listen to it together. If you have any questions ask me.

I thought I should let you all know that I got emergency transfers from zone 18 due to a murder in our ward. Our ward secretary was shot last Monday at 4 pm our time, long after I wrote you guys. We found out at 6 pm and donated white pants and a tie for his funeral the next morning. It was really sad and shocking for me. It sounds as if it was gang related, and the paper says he was involved with the gang once, but he was a return missionary of just 21 years or maybe a little less. He and I talked often about his mission, and I know he was a righteous young man. It was sobering to stand with the family and especially his mother as she asked why God would let this happen. I didn’t have an answer I felt would comfort her right then. This is the second death I have seen here in Guatemala, and it is a hard thing to face.

I am still with Elder C, but now in a trio in Nueva Florida zone 19. Elder DLC is our third companion. Things are a lot safer here. I love you all. Don’t worry about me, I will be fine.

Loves,
Elder Perez

Eating with our zone
Elder Perez, Elder DLC and Elder C are in a trio.
Alameda Zone
&
President and Sister Crapo

No comments:

Post a Comment