Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 39: I Really Love Being Out Here

Thanks for the kind words my family, they really are a help. I want to share why I am so happy today. Well its p-day for one, so that’s always nice. The ward treats me like they really look up to me. There was a young man in the ward that was having troubles with a girl he is involved with and he asked my opinion about relationships. I shared my experience with girls in the past and how when I was his age I didn’t go steady, but went on casual dates with several girls in groups. I also shared a bit of the disaster it was having a girlfriend out of the church and it really seemed to help him out. He told me that he had a lot of respect for me and thanked me for my advice. It was such a nice thing for him to say and it really lifted my spirits as they were down.

The ward is having a primary program in two weeks and has asked me to accompany them on the piano. I have the hymns they will sing and hopefully I will be ready by the following Sunday.

We had an interesting contact the other day, were a few teenagers approached us and began asking questions. It took us awhile before we realized the one with the most questions was drunk, but one of his friends was sincere and eventually we were able to focus on him and his questions which were constructive and thought provoking. It was a learning experience and we hope to teach this young man sometime in the future away from the negative influence of his friends.

It was great to hear and learn from our fast and testimony meeting on Sunday about the desire our ward has to help us in our work. We have begun what my companion calls Mormon night. Where one of the families in the ward invites one of our investigators over for a family home evening and we help out. It has been a real success. That has been our service project these last few weeks.

I want you to know that despite any struggles or difficulties I might have here on the mission I really love being out here, more than anything because of the work I am doing and the call I have. I know that this is where I am supposed to be and there is nothing better I could be doing right now with my life than this great work.

I am hesitant to ask for shoes since shoes don’t last more than like 3 months tops over here. They sell shoes fairly cheap that get the job done for the allotted time. I have a personal shoe repair guy here that does not live too far away. He repairs my shoes for me. If I do think of anything need though I will let you know!

Got to go, I love you. Tell grant I do have some cool books headed his way for Christmas, just a few I found here in Guatemala for less than 2 dollars. Let me know when the package arrives. I love you all, sorry to hear about Aunt Wendy’s passing. I hope she passed away in peace.

Have a good week and thanks for your prayers,
Elder Perez
Wendy Lee LeGault 
January 27th, 1949 to October 7th, 2015
My Zone
Elder C and I sang "A Child's Prayer" with him playing the accompaniment on guitar. I sang the first part in English and my companion sang the second part in Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment