Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 36: We Had a Baptism this Week!

Thank you for the family update. It is nice to know for whom to pray for and for what. Things have been good here in Guatemala this last week. I am going to give a talk this next Sunday although I still don’t know what about.

I have come to realize as a missionary that people will change when they are invited to change provided it's followed with a reason to change. Perhaps the reason to change is a shocking experience or a strong spiritual one, but those two things seem to go hand in hand, just food for thought.

Last week I told you we had two baptisms for this week. One baptism went through and was great. I sent the pictures just a while ago. My companion and I had a funny experience last week with the other investigator with a baptismal date. She drank coffee so she wasn’t able to be baptized on Saturday as planned, but then in talking to a member of our ward we came to find out that she is a member already but has just been inactive for the last 3 yrs. Who knew right? I don’t know why she didn’t tell us; maybe she didn’t realize that she couldn’t be baptized twice in a row. Ha, ha, that was a close call huh? How weird would that have been if I had baptized her and then come to find out she’s been a member all along. So we are working her and her family now as less-actives.

Much love!!
Elder Perez






No comments:

Post a Comment