Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Week 6: My First Area!!

I am here in Alameda 2 zona (zone) 18 which is a part of the capital. The area is very different than what I have seen of Guatemala so far, but the people are very loving and serviceable. My trainer is Elder Sargent from Blackfoot, Idaho. He has been out on his mission for 6 months and is a great teacher. I can already tell we are going to have great success together! Yesterday afternoon we arrived at our apartment and an hour later we were out teaching. I was so excited and happily surprised to find that I could follow and contribute to the lessons fairly well.

One family we taught was very receptive. I could really feel the spirit testify of all we said. It went so well that I actually invited them to be baptized when they came to know that the church was true. They said that if God told them it was true then they would be baptized, so I am very hopeful for the future.

Sorry to cut the letter short, but thank you all for your prayers and continued support. I cannot wait to see what the future has in store.

Con amor,
Elder Perez
Trainer - Elder S. (from Blackfoot, Idaho) and Elder Perez
in their missionary apartment in the capital city Guatemala.
Zone 18 Guatemala City - The area Elder Perez and Elder S. are serving in.
Another view of Zone 18 Guatemala City
It is wonderful to see him sooo happy and to see how much he loves being a missionary.
 View of Zona 18 - on Guatemala city zone map.
Elder Perez's two year old nephew, insisted on giving his uncle Elder Perez his favorite "Umi" car to take to Guatemala. Grant named it after a car on "Umizoomi", a cartoon series he used to watch. 
Another view of Elder Perez and Elder S.'s missionary apartment. I zoomed in on the photo, the note on the door, to find out what it says.
It says, "Pray before leaving to work".



No comments:

Post a Comment